Community Health Systems Registered Nurse Pediatrics NIght Shift FT in Key West, Florida
Dreaming of living in paradise? Want to join a team delivering unmatched patient care? Enjoy leading an incredible team? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
What We Stand For: Lower Keys Medical Center is a comprehensive regional healthcare resource committed to the delivery of consistent quality services in a safe and fiscally responsible manner that meet the needs of patients, physicians, employees and our community; and to the maintenance of an environment that encourages individual development, teamwork and pride with compassion and respect for each person.
What We Do: Lower Keys Medical Center ( LKMC ) is a 167 bed, full service, Joint Commission accredited, outstanding, acute care medical facility with a
· 24/7 emergency room
· 24/7 laboratory
· 24/7 radiology services
· 24/7 specially equipped medical transport helicopter
LKMC has a partnership with the world class medical facility--Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, FL--for the cardiac services and other advanced care it provides.
LKMC is also proud to be the only hospital in the Florida Keys that offers labor and delivery services. We also offer physical therapy in Key West using a multi-joint strength system, in addition to other innovative systems and equipment for customized rehabilitation.
LKMC is fully accredited by the State of Florida and the gold standard, The Joint Commission.
Why You Want to Be a Part of It : When someone joins the Lower Keys Medical team, they aren t just joining another hospital; they become part of something so much larger. We believe 1 minute wasted on a job you re miserable in is 1 minute you could be doing something incredible that you actually believe in. Our company culture is collaborative, invigorating and above all, facilitates unmatched patient care.
What Does a Registered Nurse in Pediatrics Do ? As a Registered Nurse in Pediatricswith Lower Keys Medical Center, you re primarily responsible for:
· Evaluating assigned patients and plans, implementing and documenting nursing care.
· Assisting the physicians during examinations and procedures.
· Performing various patient tests and administering medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
· Promoting patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients, and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
· You will rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, while completing a variety of tasks.
· Also a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Typically you will report to a manager or head of a unit/department.
What s In It For You? Joining the LKMC team gives you an unmatched experience of being a part of something much larger, growth potential, full benefits package, competitive salary, etc.
Which Qualifications Do You Need? In order to set you up for success, you need the basics of…
· An Associate's Degree and RN (FL) certified arerequired.
· Also you must have current BLS, and PALS certifications from the American Heart Association.
· Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Two years of medical experience is preferred, however not mandatory.
Lower Key Medical Center is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job: Pediatrics, Nursery, NICU
Organization: Lower Keys Medical Center
Location: FL-Key West
Requisition ID: 1815612